EMERGING DESIGNER competition 2017
Frequently asked questions
Who can participate?
This competition is open to Canadian designers between the ages of 18 and 35 across all design disciplines
Is there a fee to enter?
No, there is no fee to register or participate in the Emerging Design Competition.
Is this competition only for solo designers?
This competition is open to solo designers, as well as design partners and teams. Please ensure additional team members are listed on the registration form along with all content submitted.
What is the submission deadline?
All submissions are due Friday, September 15, 2017 at midnight. Any late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
What do I need to submit?
All submissions should include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (two pages, PDF format) that should include information about education, work and teaching experience, and exhibition history (if applicable); awards, grants, and residences; and other relevant information.
- Biographical statement that should not exceed 250 words
- One (1) digital portfolio in PDF format (physical portfolios or entries will not be accepted)
What should my portfolio look like?
The content included in the portfolio is entirely up to registrant. It must include either realized or soon to be realized projects or designs that best represent the designer. Please consider the following when putting together your portfolio:
- 20 pages maximum
- NO videos or links
- Include NAME and REGISTRATION # (ie. E200) provided in your confirmation email on all work submitted
- Content included is up to designer as to what best represents their work
- Logos or names should not appear on the pages of the portfolio
- File size should be no larger than: 5MB
How can I submit my portfolio?
As a digital file through WETRANSFER, Google Drive, or Dropbox sent to/shared with email@example.com
Who are the judges?
This years jury panel will be comprised of noteworthy design professionals including Nancy Bendsten of Inform Interiors, Diego Burdi and Paul Filek of BurdiFilek, Diti Katona of Concrete, Omar Ghandi of OG Architect, and Shayne Stephens of Saks Canada.
I've submitted my portfolio, now what?
All submitted portfolio will under go review at the jury session, which will occur in October 2017. Only participants work who is selected as a winning design or secondary winning design will be contacted for further details. Unfortunately due to the high volume of submission we are not able to contact those who have not been selected.
For any additional queries, contact: 416.216.2137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline: September 15, 2017.
No fee to enter!
Click here to download the brief.
To see previous winners and competition details, click here.